EU|UK Forum Annual Conference Celebrates Success of 'Windsor Framework' in Strengthening EU-UK Relationship
23 June 2023
The EU|UK Forum’s 3rd Annual Conference: A New Relationship took place fully online on 12 June with an air of optimism and renewed enthusiasm for the future relationship between the European Union and the United Kingdom.
The conference took as its starting point the landmark agreement known as the 'Windsor Framework,' which has ushered in a new era of constructive dialogue and collaboration could yield tangible results, while also acknowledging the obstacles that lie ahead. Bringing together 18 top-level speakers and over 400 attendees, the conference covered a number of sessions focusing on crucial aspects of the EU-UK relationship, where significant progress is anticipated.
Attendees heard interventions from…
- James Cleverly, Secretary of State for Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Affairs, United Kingdom
- David Lammy, Shadow Secretary of State for Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Affairs, United Kingdom
- Maroš Šefčovič, Vice-President Interinstitutional Relations & Foresight, European Commission
- Lindsay Appleby, Ambassador and Head of the UK Mission to the European Union
- Pedro Serrano, Ambassador and Head of Delegation of the European Union to the United Kingdom
The event gained great traction in multiple media outlets, with Vice-President Šefčovič’s comments on the TCA review and it’s potential review in 2026 were covered extensively in the Financial Times, The Guardian, The Independent and The Times. Kelly Beaver’s presentation on the latest data from Ipsos Mori on EU-UK relations was covered at length in the New European.
The EU-UK Forum Annual Conference serves as a platform for fostering understanding and collaboration between the EU and the UK, charting a path forward for a mutually beneficial future..
The EU|UK Forum welcomes ideas and involvement from its members and attendees. If you have any suggestions for future sessions or would like to find out more about how you can get involved, please contact the team.