Global Spectrum Series: Reflecting on 2022 and looking ahead to 2023
15 December 2022
As the end of 2022 approaches, the Forum Global team have been reflecting on a year that benefited from a return to hybrid and in-person events post-pandemic.
The Global Spectrum Series hosted 6 conferences in 2022, welcoming over 3,100 delegates from 143 different countries. Over 200 industry speakers and policymakers joined the conferences in person and virtually to discuss emergent themes for each region and beyond. During the year, Forum Global worked with over 60 partners to deliver events with impact – we’d like to thank all of them for their support.
Global Spectrum Series events have included:
- 8th Asia-Pacific Spectrum Management Conference | 26-27 April | Bangkok & Online
- This was our first event with an in-person element since the pandemic, where we welcomed over 560 people online as well as in Bangkok. Watch all the sessions here.
- 17th European Spectrum Management Conference | 8-9 June | Brussels & Online
- We were pleased to welcome over 65 speakers to discuss key topics to over 670 delegates from 86 countries. You can catch up on all the discussions here.
- 6th MENA Spectrum Management Conference | 30 June - 1 July | Tunis & Online
- 11th Americas Spectrum Management Conference | 11-12 October | Washington D.C.
- With 66 speakers and almost 250 delegates, the conference took place for the first time fully in-person since 2019. All event images can be found here.
- 7th Sub-Sahara Spectrum Management Conference | 3-4 November | Cape Town & Online
- Over 500 people from the Spectrum community gathered to hear from industry stakeholders and policymakers. View a selection of event photos available online, as well as catch up on all the sessions from the event here.
- 9th Latin America Spectrum Management Conference | 5, 6 & 7 December | Virtual event
- LatAm Spectrum rounded off the series of events this year. This fully virtual event welcomed over 530 people from all corners of the globe. View all the sessions here.
In addition to the Global Spectrum Series, Forum Europe and Forum Global hosted events exclusively focused on cellular technology, including:
- The European 5G Conference 2022 – the 6th edition of this event took place virtually. Over 60 speakers came together online to discuss the rollout of 5G in Europe to over 1,000 delegates from over 101 countries.
- The 6G Global Summit – This virtual event welcomed 34 speakers to the stage to explore the visions, roadmaps and related activities that are emerging within the global race towards 6G. We welcomed nearly 1,500 virtual delegates from 139 countries during the 2-day conference.
As the team eagerly anticipates 2023, we are pleased to announce the following confirmed events:
- The European 5G Conference 2023 | 13 - 14 March | BluePoint, Brussels. Now in its 7th year, the conference has an established reputation as Brussels’ leading meeting place for discussion on 5G policy. Registration is now open so secure your place today – click here.
- 9th Asia-Pacific Spectrum Management Conference | 25 – 26 April | Bangkok*. More information available shortly.
- 6G Global Summit | 3 - 4 May | Bahrain and Online. More information available shortly.
- 18th European Spectrum Management Conference | 6 - 7 June | Brussels*. More information available shortly.
* Please note, dates and locations are subject to change.
Check spectrum-series.com regularly to keep up to date with the latest details of our upcoming events.
To keep up to date with the Global Spectrum Series and other events by Forum Europe and Forum Global, sign up to our newsletter here.