The 6th Edition of the Future of Transport Conference is less than a week away
24 February 2021
Forum Europe’s 6th Annual Future of Transport Conference will be taking place next week on Tuesday 2 March from 10:00 – 17:00 CET. Previous editions have usually taken place in Brussels, however, this time, it will be held on Forum Europe’s online platform with interactive discussions, networking and showcases.
We are pleased to have both key institutional representation that reflect the Commission’s updated sustainable and smart mobility strategy – namely Henrik Hololei, Director-General of DG Move and Ditte Juul Jørgensen, Director-General, DG ENER. Plus representing the current sitting presidency, we are honoured to have Hugo Santos Mendes, Deputy Minister from the Ministry of Infrastructure and Housing, Portugal.
The main sessions this year will discuss 5G in the Future of Connected Mobility, Smart Mobility and Decarbonization for a Greener Transport Sector and finally, Road Safety - The Next Steps Towards Vision Zero. An addition to this year’s Future of Transport Conference is the showcase sessions where the event partners will present interactive discussions and presentations on key transport issues.
Gathering key policy makers and top transport experts from Europe and beyond, speakers at this year’s event includes:
- Peter Stuckmann, Head of Unit, Future Connectivity System, DG CONNECT, European Commission
- Daniel Mes, Member of Cabinet, Executive Vice-President Frans Timmermans, European Commission
- Ahti Kuningas, Deputy Secretary General for Transport, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications, Estonia
- Claire Depré, Head of Unit – Road Safety, DG MOVE, European Commission
- Pierre-Olivier Millette, Associate Director, Automated Driving Technical Policy, Intel
- Johannes Peter Bauer, Safety Director, ACEA
- Richard Schram, Technical Director, Euro NCAP
- Jan Ellsberger, Vice President Industry Development, Corporate Strategy, Huawei Technologies
- Anne-Lise Thieblemont, Vice President Government Affairs, Qualcomm
- António Reis, Co-founder & Chief Technology Officer, Meight
- Diana Zhou, Senior Director, Global Alliances and Policy, Virgin Hyperloop
- Richard Smokers, Principal Advisor Sustainable Transport, TNO
Registration will remain open until Monday 1 March at 15:00 CET so register for free now at: futuretransport-eu.com.
If you'd like to see more details on what Forum Europe have coming up, view our events list here.