Sub-Sahara Spectrum Management Conference returns for its 6th annual edition
6 July 2021
Forum Global’s Sub-Sahara Spectrum Management Conference is returning in two weeks’ time for its 6th annual edition, and second time virtually.
Gathering key policy makers, national regulators, and top industry representatives from the Sub-Saharan region and beyond, the conference will provide a platform for stakeholders to come together and discuss topical issues relating to the management and coordination of spectrum policy across the region.
Confirmed speakers so far include:
- Mario Maniewicz, Director BR, ITU
- John Omo, Secretary General, ATU
Tom Olwero, Director, Frequency Spectrum Management, CA Kenya
- Andrew Rugege, Regional Director for Africa, ITU
- Irene Kaggwa Sewankambo, Acting Executive Director, UCC
- Sarah Kabahuma, ICT Liaison Manager, EACO
- Stephen Spengler, Chairman, ESOA
- Elizabeth Migwalla, Senior Director and Head of Government Affairs MEA, Qualcomm
- Shiv Bakhshi, Vice President, Industry Relations, Ericsson
Key themes that will be discussed over the three days cover tackling the global and regional digital divides and bringing the required spectrum to market in the region; a focus on key bands and issues in the build-up to WRC-23; and the path towards 5G and harnessing emerging technologies to build Africa’s digital future.
As well as our main plenary sessions, we will once again have our ‘Showcase Sessions’, hosted by some of our event partners, to highlight further key issues through interactive discussions, presentations and more.
To round off the discussions of the week, BNE will host the ‘It’s a wrap’ session, with the chance to hear from some of our speakers and partners on their key conclusions and takeaways from the event.
The event is free to attend – for the full agenda, confirmed speakers, and to register, please visit the event website subsahara-spectrum.com. We look forward to welcoming you later this month!