One week to go: Join us for the high-level panel debate on Environmental Innovation: A green solution for zero pollution
9 April 2021
Join Forum Europe and Suez, on 22 April for a panel debate on the role of environmental innovation in the context of the EU’s ‘zero pollution' ambition. This will be a very timely discussion indeed, as the European Commission has recently announced plans to present its new ‘zero pollution’ strategy on 18 May.
We are delighted to welcome our high-level line up of speakers:
- Virginijus Sinkevičius, European Commissioner, Environment, Oceans & Fisheries
- Zakia Khattabi, Minister of Climate, Environment, Sustainable Development and Green Deal, Belgium
- Bertrand Camus, CEO, Suez
- Lídia Pereira, MEP, European Parliament
- Roberto Grasso, Deputy General Counsel, Columbia Sportswear
- Jocelyn Blériot, Executive Lead Institutions, Governments & Cities, Ellen MacArthur Foundation
- Sonja van Renssen, Managing Editor, Energy Monitor (Moderator)
In the context of the European Commission’s Zero Pollution Action Plan, which should be published on 18 May 2021, this high-level panel debate will provide the opportunity to hear the views from policymakers and industry stakeholders on the Action Plan, and what they feel is needed to ensure the success of the European Green Deal and a sustainable recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic, including meaningful public action on water and air quality and other dimensions of environmental policy.
This event will provide an opportunity to discuss:
- Which EU policy approach can unlock the potential of innovation and green technology
- What Europe’s green industrial champions require in order to make a substantial contribution to the Zero Pollution Action Plan
- How business, policymakers and civil society can work together to make ‘zero pollution’ a reality
We hope you can join us! The event is free to attend and registration will be open until 21 April at 15:00 CEST at environmentalinnovation.eu.
If you have any questions about the event, contact Kate Lymer at firstname.lastname@example.org.