Kicking off 2021 with Europe in the Digital Age Conference this week
11 January 2021
Forum Europe is pleased to kick-off 2021 with its first event of the year - Europe in the Digital Age conference, taking place on the 14 January 2021.
Originally planned to be held in the European Parliament, this edition will now take place on Forum Europe’s online platform and will be co-hosted by four distinguished MEPs; Ibán García del Blanco (S&D); Eva Maydell (EPP), Alexandra Geese (Greens/EFA) and Anna Cavazzini (Greens/EFA).
High level speakers include:
- Jean-Eric Paquet, Director-General, DG Research & Innovation, European Commission
- Dr. Markus Richter, State Secretary and Federal Government Commissioner for Information Technology, German Federal Ministry of the Interior, Building and Community
- Nuno Brito, Ambassador, Permanent Representation of Portugal to the European Union
- Stephanie De Bruyne, Chief Executive Officer, BelgianID and Itsme
- Jean-Claude Ghinozzi, Chief Executive Officer, Qwant
- Prof. Dr. Boris Otto, Member of the Interim Management Team and Acting Interim CTO, GAIA-X Project
This Forum Europe debate will address strategic autonomy and how the EU and its member states are approaching technology sovereignty development. It will look at issues around data ownership and how and where data are used and held; consider new, sustainable business models that are constructed around privacy by design, data sovereignty and data innovation, and the potential roles for European and international businesses, investors, regulators and civil society in determining the path for Europe's digital future.
Please visit the event website, www.eu-digitalsovereignty.com for the full agenda, confirmed speakers and free registration.
If you are interested in finding out more about working with Forum Europe on your next event, please contact us here.