The 15th European Spectrum Management Conference… an event of many firsts!
10 July 2020
The European Spectrum Management Conference which took place from 23-29 June was the 15th edition of this established event. At the same time however, it was also an event of many firsts.
- Typically held in Brussels over two days, this year the European Spectrum Management Conference took place virtually, on our new online events platform; Forum Vision. It was the first time that a Global Spectrum Series conference had taken place virtually in this way;
- It was spread across five days from Tuesday 23rd – Monday 29th June… the first time ever that Forum Europe have organised an event with sessions that have spanned two separate weeks;
- Holding the event virtually also enabled us to welcome a larger and more diverse audience – for the first time at a Global Spectrum Series event, we broke the 1,000 barrier in terms of attendees! In total, we welcomed more than 1,200 people to the event from 83 countries via the platform and the live social media feed;
- We were delighted to have the event opened by European Commissioner for Internal Market, Thierry Breton (view his keynote presentation here). This is the first time that we have welcomed Commissioner Breton to a Forum Europe event, and we are looking forward to working with him and his team on subsequent events over the course of his mandate;
- After 5 hugely fruitful and very interesting days, we were delighted to close the event with some live music from renowned musicians Ali Barter and Oscar Dawson (check it out here). This was the first time that we had hosted live music at one of our virtual events;
- Just 2 days after the event had finished, we were delighted to welcome back some of our speakers to record the first edition of our new post-event podcast ‘Across the Spectrum’, which looked back at some of the issues covered in sessions in a bit more detail. Check this out below – this is something that we are going to be starting to do regularly following our events, so please do subscribe to be kept updated.
Listen to ‘Across the Spectrum': Episode 1'
Is the Mobile Industry’s long run of securing exclusive access to ever larger amounts of spectrum coming to an end?
Virtual events offer huge potential to add value for speakers, partners, sponsors and delegates in so many different ways. Whilst this is a hugely challenging time for us and for everyone involved in the event sector, it is also allowing us to innovate and experiment like never before!
Every session from The 15th European Spectrum Management Conference is now available to re-watch on our YouTube channel. We have also produced a video of the event highlights and a post-event podcast, both of which can be found in this post and feature insights from high-level speakers from all the key spectrum stakeholder groups.
We now look ahead to our other regional spectrum management conferences, all of which will be held virtually this year. Up next is the Asia-Pacific Spectrum Management Conference, which takes place from 3-6 August, closely followed by the Sub Sahara Spectrum Management Conference, running from 14-17 September.