Celebrating the UN's Sustainable Goals with Cruelty Free International in New York
24 July 2019
Forum Europe was delighted to work with Cruelty Free International, an NGO with the aim of ending cosmetic testing on animals, on a multi-stakeholder breakfast side event in the context of the United Nations High-Level Political Forum. The event took place on the morning of Monday 15th July in New York.
Hosted by Cruelty Free International, and in partnership with Estée Lauder Companies, the Delegation of the European Union to the United Nations and the Permanent Mission of Guatemala to the United Nations - this invitation-only event welcomed some 40 senior representatives from the UN, governments, leading beauty companies and civil society. Guests celebrated the power of partnerships for sustainability and explored the growing momentum across the stakeholder spectrum for a sustainable beauty industry.
The programme featured a number of prominent figures and celebrity endorsers, including:
- João Vale de Almeida, Ambassador of the European Union to the United Nations;
- Omar Castañeda Solares, Deputy Permanent Representative of Guatemala to the UN;
- Erin Hill, President at the Institute for In Vitro Sciences;
- Angus Rennie, Senior Manager, Partnerships and UN Relations at United Nations Global Compact;
- Charles Arden-Clarke, One Planet Network (10YFP) Secretariat, UN Environment;
- Michelle Thew, CEO at Cruelty Free International.
We even had a special guest appearance from Alicia Silverstone, American Actor and Advocate for Animals.
The event served a delicious vegan breakfast and was set against stunning views of the New York skyline. Directly opposite UNHQ, the event offered a valuable contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals, and to the mission of ending cosmetic animal testing.
If you are interested in finding out more about working with Forum Europe on your next event, please contact us here.