The Future is Electric & Light!
24 March 2022 Brussels & Online
Member, European Parliament
Dr. Michael Kyriakopoulos
Senior Expert, European Commission
Dr Chris Cherry Professor
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Tennessee
Dr Frauke Behrendt
Associate Professor, Industrial Engineering and Innovation Sciences, Technology, Innovation & Society, Eindhoven University of Technology
Project Leader, German Aerospace Center (DLR)
Associate Professor, Faculty of Engineering Technology, KU Leuven
Mobility and Clean Air Advisor, Brussels Minister of Climate, Energy, Environment, H.E. Alain Maron
Researcher, German Aerospace Center (DLR)
Dr. Mirko Goletz
Research Assistant, German Aerospace Center (DLR)
Dr Brendan Hill
Associate Professor, "Enzo Ferrari" Engineering Department, UNIMORE
Head of Department Energy Technology, Odisee University &, Technical Director, LEVA-EU
Dr. Stephan Schmid
Head of Department, German Aerospace Center (DLR)
Policy Officer (DG Mobility and transport), European Commission
Job titles correct at the time of the event
Hybrid Event Summary
The first edition of The Future is Electric & Light gathered 131 participants from 28 countries, with 34 attending in-person for a series scintillating discussions.
LEVA-EU showcased a report from the renowned German Research Centre (DLR), which analysed the contribution that Light Electric Vehicles (LEV's) can make in replacing car journeys and cutting more deeply into CO2 emissions – creating greener and more liveable spaces.
Along with the DLR Report presentations, we heard from key policymakers from European Parliament, European Commission, and Brussels Ministry, during the morning. We then heard scientific perspectives in the afternoon from a range of Engineering Professors, providing their thoughts from Europe and the USA.
As well as the indoor conference, an exhibition of Light Electric Vehicles courtesy of the event's sponsors was held outside as an opportunity for attendees to find out more and try!
What we did:
- Programme development
- Speaker identification, invitation, coordination, and assistance with comprehensive briefing documents
- Venue identification, coordination, and management
- Full on-site branding management, including stage set-up and room coordination
- Sponsor exhibition area (30m of public road-side parking)
- Full provision of virtual event platform, giving attendees the option to network, create their own virtual meetings and ask questions to the speakers
- Full technical support, including the running of all broadcast studios, branding, technical checks with all speakers, and technical assistance
- Full social media and marketing support and provision, pre-event, during the event and post-event. This included a full marketing plan, paid-promotion campaigns, and weekly marketing emails to our database
- Provision and assistance with event videos for post-event use
“Thank you very much indeed for the very professional organization and very pleasant communication. We received a lot of positive feedback from various sides for the very good organisation of the event, which I would like to pass on here!”
Mascha Brost, Project Leader, German Aerospace Center (DLR)
Back to All Case Studies