Masters of Digital 2021
3–4 February 2021 Virtual
President, European Council
Ursula von der Leyen
President, European Commission
Commissioner for Innovation, Research, Culture, Education and Youth, European Commission
Federal Minister for Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety, Germany
Ambassador of the European Union to the United States
Minister for Economic Affairs and Digital Transformation, Spain
Deputy Head of Cabinet for Executive Vice-President Vestager, European Commission
Director General, Recovery and Resilience Task Force, European Commission
Commissioner for Health and Food Safety, European Commission
Miapetra Kumpula Natri
Member, European Parliament
Member, European Parliament
Director General, DG GROW, European Commission
Job titles correct at the time of the event
A unique edition of Masters of Digital
Making Europe “fit for the digital age” is an undertaking that requires cooperation and collaboration. This has only become more evident in 2020 when unprecedented disruption has demanded a reconfiguration of how businesses run, how public administrations operate, and how citizens go about their daily lives.
This unique virtual edition of Masters of Digital – DIGITALEUROPE’s flagship annual gathering – focused on the role of digital in strengthening Europe’s emergence from the global pandemic, and looked at how deeper collaboration between business, government, and civil society will deliver on the goal of a stronger digital Europe.
The event attracted around 3,000 registrations, with attendees representing 88 countries over the two days. Attendees heard from 56 speakers and explored 14 exhibition booths. There were almost 1,000 virtual meetings, with attendees able to network randomly or set up their own meetings with others using the 'People' tab to see those that were attending.
Through keynotes, panel discussions and focus sessions, the most important digital issues were explored, including sustainability in Europe, the digital road to recovery, the future of industry, public sector transformation, advanced healthcare in the EU, digital skills, and much more. Post-event videos were made available following the event on DIGITALEUROPE's YouTube.
Read our News post for the event round-up here.
Forum Europe assisted with:
- Programme development
- Speaker identification, invitation, coordination, and assistance with comprehensive briefing documents
- Full provision of virtual event platform, giving attendees the option to network, create their own virtual meetings, answer polls, ask questions and make comments and visit exhibition booths
- Sponsors were able to hold side sessions and have exhibition booths to showcase presentations, videos or go live to speak to attendees on-screen during breaks
- Full technical support, including the running of all broadcast studios, branding, technical checks with all speakers, and technical assistance
- Provision and assistance with event videos, including a post-event highlights video
- Coordination of 60+ gift boxes for VIP's and speakers to be delivered to their home and office addresses all over the world
- Full social media and marketing support and provision, pre-event and on event days, including multi-channel, paid promotion campaigns and the announcement of 21 award nominees, through various types of content and marketing emails to our database and creation of emails for DIGITALEUROPE's mailing system and database.
“The Forum Europe team were an essential part in making Masters of Digital 2021 our biggest and most successful conference yet. They are model professionals, working with speed and efficiency as well as calmness under pressure and good humour. The virtual platform and all the technical aspects worked perfectly, and their knowledge and input was also extremely useful in finding great speakers and moderators in the weeks leading up to the event.”
Chris Ruff, Director for Political Outreach and Communications, DIGITALEUROPE
Back to All Case Studies